INTERNET EXPLORER USERS MAY EXPERIENCE DIFFICULTY VIEWING 3RD COLUMN

This Week

Scott Pilgrim sought and found

Sep 12, 2007

Metal Men Recycled

BPD WORLD HEADQUARTERS - Late breaking news! The famous robot heroes known as the Metal Men have been recycled.

"It was a difficult decision--I mean, these guys are my friends," said creator Will "Doc" Magnus at his laboratory. "But I took a real beating in the stock market and hey, gold is gold!"

With the market for precious metals taking an upturn in a turbulent economy, the decision may have been hard, but it reaped Magnus a windfall of approximately $7.2 million. He's also kept the team's responsometers in the event that he's able to scrounge up enough metal to reconstitute his creations.

But such a decision was not made lightly, and the repercussions seem likely to continue for a long time to come.

"I don't know if I'll be able to look at a can of soup without thinking of Tin," Magnus said, getting choked up. "Or take my temperature without thinking of Mercury." He looked at the check in his hand and then shrieked, "What have I done?"

Concerned friends of the mad sci- er, inventing genius are collecting spare metal fragments. Contributions can be made to: Save Will Magnus, PO Box 5519, Metropolis.
Metal Men artwork by Duncan Rouleau, copyright DC Comics, all rights reserved

No comments: